100g pine nuts
400g tin chickpeas drained rinsed and dried
50g rolled oats, blitzed to a coarse flour in the food processor
200g carrot, peeled and grated with excess liquid squeezed out
10g fresh ginger grated
Small bunch parsley
Small bunch basil
2 tbsp sundried tomatoes removed from oil
3 cloves garlic crushed
1 egg beaten
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp ras el hanout
1 tsp dried mixed herbs
1 tsp Maldon salt
2tsp oil from the sundried tomatoes
2 tbsp wheat germ
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 180c
2. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper.
3. Put the chickpeas, herbs, garlic, sundried tomatoes in the food processor and blitz until combined but still with plenty of texture.
4. Mix with the rest of the ingredients into a dough. If the mixture is too wet, add more wheat germ.
5. Take lumps of the mixture and roll into walnut sized balls.
6. Put the balls on the baking sheet and brush them with some of the oil from the tomatoes
and bake for around 25 mins, turning them over half way through.
7. Serve with pasta and tomato sauce.